Membership in the Woodstock Artists Association and Museum is open to all artists. Those interested in supporting the Association and its goals may join as supporting Friends at various levels.
- Artist membership is $150 per year.
- Supporting Friend levels start at $100.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
BENEFITS FOR ALL MEMBERS & FRIENDS
- Receive the annual calendar and newsletters.
- 10% discount on purchases of artwork from the gallery and items in the WAAM gallery shop.
- Receive a 10% discount at Catskill Art Store.
- Receive free admittance to the gallery and monthly opening receptions.
- Receive notices of membership meetings and other information.
All artists, whether emerging or established, are invited to become members of the WAAM.
When you join as an artist, you are automatically an Associate Member. There is no jury process for this status.
An Associate Member is eligible to become an Active Artist Member through any of the following ways:
- The artist’s work is accepted into four juried shows in a 2 year period.
- The artist’s work is reviewed and accepted by a jury selected each year by the WAAM’s Exhibition Committee. The jury meets once each year usually in July. (See the exhibition calendar.)
- The artist is accepted for a solo show at the WAAM.
- The artist may e-mail 6 jpgs to email@example.com. Please use the heading “For consideration for Active Member Status. ” Also include an image list including title, size, medium, and date of each work submitted and a resume or artist bio.
Artist Members must live within a 50 mile radius of Woodstock.
BENEFITS FOR ARTIST MEMBERS (Associate and Active):
- Submit work for all juried exhibitions without an entry fee (non-members may submit work by paying $35 per show). Click here to view calendar.
- Submit work for solo shows, juried annual by a guest juror.
- Sell work to the public through exhibitions with a 40% commission to the WAAM. Members may also consign merchandise in our gallery shop.
- Exhibit a work in the annual Holiday Show and Sale, a non-juried show with a nominal hanging fee of $10.
- Receive cash awards, if selected for a prize in a juried show.
Active Members receive the added benefit of exhibiting in the annual Active Members Show (a non-juried show with a nominal hanging fee of $10). Active Members also are eligible for a one time opportunity to exhibit their work on the Active Members Wall in the WAAM’s Founders Gallery. They can also vote for Active Member candidates in the WAAM’s annual Board of Director’s elections each August.
The Nominating Committee is actively seeking potential board members, and we are looking for input from our membership.
We believe that being on the WAAM Board of Directors provides a unique and personally rewarding opportunity to leverage your talents and life accomplishments to help our local artists thrive and to support the many programs and activities of the organization – these include our Permanent Collection, our Education Program, our Archives and Library and our exhibitions and artistic programming.
We consider the three W’s in a potential candidate – Work, Wisdom and Wealth. We are a working board and each board member is asked to chair a committee. We are also problem solvers and financial contributors (personally and/or through our network). We need leaders who feel the same energetic commitment and passion for the growth and sustainability of this unique organization and its importance as a major cultural resource in the Woodstock area, the Hudson Valley region, and the National art scene.
If you know someone, want to learn more, or self-nominate, please call or come by to talk with Janice La Motta, our Executive Director. Also feel free to call Danny Rubenstein, our Board Chair at (845) 399-5204, or reach out to Joyce Washor, Chair of the Board Nominations Committee at (917) 287-5267 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
All board meetings are open to members.
WAAM Board Meeting Schedule for 2017
All meetings are at 10:00 are held at WAAM.
April 2, May 7, June 4, July 9, Aug 6, Sept 10, Oct 8, Nov 5 and Dec 3.
General Membership Meetings Schedule for 2017
Meetings of the membership take place twice a year. Elections take place at the August meeting. Both meetings are at 7:00pm and are held at WAAM.
May 31 & Aug 31